Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fighting Giraffes

This. Is. Awesome.  Here I was minding my own business on my computer and then this little video comes across my screen, and my life was never the same. In blissful ignorance I lived my life thinking giraffes were long-necked leaf eaters who roamed the savannah. But after seeing this I don't know if going on Safari is such a good idea.


It's not that I'm surprised they fight, all animals fight. I don't get teary eyed when the stealthy crocodile gets his jaws around the gazelle quietly drinking from the lake on those BBC documentaries narrated by Richard Attenborough. But this is just dirty!

I didn't know Giraffes were allowed to attend the Cobra Kai dojo. The way they flail their necks into the others knees, like some freakish car lot sales gimmick.

It's clear to me now that giraffes are not the peaceful, gentle giants I thought they were. The first thing that came to mind when I watched this the first time was the scene in the Karate Kid where poor Ralph Macchio gets his leg swept by the guy from Cobra Kai.

To assume makes an ass of u and me, but I don't think these giraffes give a damn about your assumptions. They'll kick your ass six ways to Thursday, so don't get in their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment